Enviado em 18/02/2009 - 10:12h
Lançamento do BackTrack versao 4.0 Beta
link para Download http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/backtrack/bt4-beta.iso
Lançado a versão beta em 11 de Fevereiro
BackTrack 4 Beta released
The Remote Exploit Development Team is happy to announce the release of BackTrack 4 Beta. We have taken huge conceptual leaps with BackTrack 4, and have some new and exciting features. The most significant of these changes is our expansion from the realm of a Pentesting LiveCD towards a full blown "Distribution".
Now based on Debian core packages and utilizing the Ubuntu software repositories, BackTrack 4 can be upgraded in case of update. When syncing with our BackTrack repositories, you will regularly get security tool updates soon after they are released.
Some of the new features include:
* Kernel 188.8.131.52 with better hardware support.
* Native support for Pico e12 and e16 cards is now fully functional, making BackTrack the first pentesting distro to fully utilize these awesome tiny machines.
* Support for PXE Boot - Boot BackTrack over the network with PXE supported cards!
* SAINT EXPLOIT - kindly provided by SAINT corporation for our users with a limited number of free IPs.
* MALTEGO - The guys over at Paterva did outstanding work with Maltego 2.0.2 - which is featured in BackTrack as a community edition.
* The latest mac80211 wireless injection pacthes are applied, with several custom patches for rtl8187 injection speed enhancements. Wireless injection support has never been so broad and functional.
* Unicornscan - Fully functional with postgress logging support and a web front end.
* RFID support
* Pyrit CUDA support...
* New and updated tools - the list is endless!
We consider the Beta to be stable and usable. Some tools were kept back from this version, and will be soon added to the repositories.